Welcome to the Blog!

The blog for information on making money playing Poker, with my progress from Poker oblivion to a known name, reviews, strategy, information and never looked at before facts of the Poker world.

What Style Are You?

Thursday 7 February 2008

Just Unlucky??

Gettin down to the final table of a 45 person $5.50 multi, not doing so well in chips, and I'm in the small with Jc7h. Flop comes down 7c5c4c. Four people are seeing the flop, so I'm thinking it's quite likely someone has a high club that I shouldn't give a free draw for. So I bet the pot, and receive one caller from early position. Immediately I assume he has 2 overcards, one being the Ac. The turn is the Ad, and I check feeling beat. He checks behind me. At this point I figure he knows his got a lock on the hand, it's obvious what I have, and his hoping he'll pick up a loose bet on the river (after all it is a $5.50 buy-in). The next card hits and it's the 7s. All of a sudden, I'm sure I'm winning, and with my short stack, a little more than the total pot, I push hoping he see's the bet as a desperate attempt to win with a busted hand like a 6 or high card flush draw. To my short-term happiness he does entertain my all-in with a call, and flips AcTc. I'm out before I really got going (no hands above A-J out of position the whole time) and I'm left feeling if I had any other choice?? The best place to put this question is here, so do help! Was the last bet the only real time I could have found out how bad I really was?

No comments: