Welcome to the Blog!

The blog for information on making money playing Poker, with my progress from Poker oblivion to a known name, reviews, strategy, information and never looked at before facts of the Poker world.

What Style Are You?

Wednesday 6 February 2008

My Worst Bad Beat Playing Poker


The worst bad beat….that’s a toughie! I’ve had some bad ones, but the absolute WORST was about 2 hours into a tournament on William Hill Poker, holding pocket JJ. I have one caller to me left, so his got me on position, a situation I don’t enjoy when holding JJ. Anyway, the dealer produces Ten Ten Jack rainbow (all different suits). Me being first to act, and having the hand crippled checks (a play I wouldn’t do now, as I almost always follow up with a continuation) to this player I had down as relatively weak. He bets out, I don’t flat call here, I pop it over the top trying to get at his ego, he pushes all-in and I gladly call. At this point, I’m expecting him to show a Ten, for trips, yet shows AQ, which at this point starts claiming in the chat box “I thought I could get you off, lol” etc. Any guesses to what the next two cards could possibly be to beat me? The turn was another Ten. Then at the speed of light and the fastest hand action in the history of online poker, the dealer throws down ANOTHER Ten, and starts giving my chips to my opponent! Yet to realise the monstrosity I have witnessed, I wrestle with the Dealer for the pot, at which point he tells me in an extremely monotone voice, “Four Tens, Ace High”. Motherf@{!$r.

No comments: